Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival

chat about Disneyland/World [Public]

Moderator: twinsmommie

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival

Post by koala1966 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:36 pm

My dad is big on flowers and gardening, so I've been wanting to bring him to Epcot in the spring when they have this festival. Now that he's retired, he actually had time to come up and go there with me, and he loved it. They put in quite a few new things this year too - like Cinderellabration with the Princess topiaries and the Fantasia topiary display. My BIL and his two daughters went with also. When I told the girls that Dad and I wanted to look at flowers before going on rides they were like "We want to look at flowers too!" They are such goofs, lol, they had to get pictures in front of all the topiaries (not that I'm complaining, got some super cute pictures :bluelol: )

I really like how many children's areas they set up (by way of playgrounds) - Pirate's Cove where the kids could learn to tie knots and play in a pirate ship surrounded by topiaries of Captain Hook and the alligator, Pixie Hollow with Tink and her Fairy Friends, etc.. It takes the pressure off of the parents who might want to look at the flowers. Pixie Hollow was awesome - they even had little miniature fairy homes (well, miniature for us, not for the fairies, lol).

Here are some pictures if you're interested:

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... ,0,,104945

blaznpat
Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival

Post by blaznpat » Tue May 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Beautiful!
Pat

Image Image Image

Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 69

Post by Kara » Tue May 19, 2009 7:41 pm

it is amazing isn't it......I am glad you all had such a nice trip!
Image \ ImageImage

Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 223

Post by Emsdancemom » Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 am

What a wonderful experience and what great memories you will have!!!!! I love Disney!!!!!

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:41 am

We went on the last day of it this year and there was nothing going on! I didn't even get to Pixie Hollow or anything like I wanted. Plus it was raining like anything as soon as we got there! So I only got pics of the Princess's in front and the Fantasia area! But still amazes me how they make everything!!!
~ Carissa ~

IreneP
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 3

Post by IreneP » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Beautiful

Return to “The Magic Kingdom”