Kali Rapids at Animal Kingdom

chat about Disneyland/World [Public]

Moderator: twinsmommie

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Kali Rapids at Animal Kingdom

Post by koala1966 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:23 pm

We were at Animal Kingdom on Friday, it was so hot all we wanted to do was get on the water ride, Kali River Rapids. We got our wish, lol - I think they added a geiser at the beginning of the ride, it's no longer possible not to get completely soaked. I swear I don't remember that being there before. :bluelol: We rode it twice, and we were all in a better mood after that cooling off.

bellaconsmom
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 237

Re: Kali Rapids at Animal Kingdom

Post by bellaconsmom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 pm

I rode it once, before having kids, and got soaked. It's been a while. Glad it cooled you off! I really like the misters they have around the park to keep you cool during the hot weather, too.

Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 223

Post by Emsdancemom » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Glad it made your trip more enjoyable! I have only ridden the rapids once. I got wet but I don't think I was soaked. Others were but it depended on where you were sitting in different parts of the ride.

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 am

Yeah I rode it a month of so ago and only a few of us got soaked. I was kind of disappointed on how short the ride was. I mean we only had the waterfall that got maybe 2 people wet and then the big drop at the end.. but then that's it. I don't know.. I guess I just see more areas to drown everyone in the boat and not just a few. Still fun though and a great way to cool off!
~ Carissa ~

Bernadettte
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 135

Post by Bernadettte » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 am

Awww, you lucky ladies playing over at Disney, yeah I'm jealous! :greenlol:

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 276

Post by montana_girl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 pm

BF and I rode that when we went in November and we managed to barely get wet. Since it was so early in the morning, the cast members asked if we wanted to just go around again (no one was in line at the time), so everyone on the ride said yes -- the second trip around got us SOAKED! We spent the rest of the day wet, but happy! :-D
Stacy

Return to “The Magic Kingdom”