1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian Resort

chat about Disneyland/World [Public]

Moderator: twinsmommie

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian Resort

Post by koala1966 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

We celebrated my father-in-law's birthday this weekend with dinner at 1900 Park Fare, one of the restaurants at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort. It's character dining with Prince Charming, Cinderella and her stepmother and stepsisters. We chose that restaurant because in addition to our in-laws we also had our niece with us (she is 4). Also we've found that DH's parents really enjoy character dining, they love going to the Garden Grill at Epcot.

Pricing was typical of character dining at Disney - $34 for adults, $17 for children. Their buffet includes meal choices from Spain, France, Italy, and Asia, as well as salads, fruits, bread, and a large selection of deserts. The food was excellent (the mashed potatoes in the France section were the best I've ever tasted). The characters were introduced, Cinderella and Prince Charming waltzed, and then they visited all the tables. There was also a time when the kids were invited to participate in dancing. We really enjoyed the experience.

It was so cute, Prince Charming was the first to come to our table and our niece, usually very outspoken, was all of a sudden completely shy. Prince Charming spoke to her but she was almost hiding from him so he looked at me, he seemed a little worried, and I told her, "Look, Bianca, it's Prince Charming and he's talking to you. Don't you want to talk to him?" and then she smiled so big and turned back into her usual self, like that gave her confidence. It was so cute. :bluesmile: I think it was the guy factor, because she was fine with all the rest of them, although she was very worried that the stepmother would be mad at her, lol. That's because she thinks she's Cinderella. The stepmother told her to pose like a princess and Bianca put her hands on her hips - the stepmother said "OK, you're a sassy princess!"

Return to “The Magic Kingdom”