planning a trip to Disneyworld

chat about Disneyland/World [Public]

Moderator: twinsmommie

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 129

planning a trip to Disneyworld

Post by gonecamping » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

We have never been and my mom has decided that next Christmas she wants to take the whole family to Disneyworld. Are there any good websites that you guys know of for good places to stay ect..I already subscribe to mousesavers newsletter but I have no idea where to stay, whats close to DW ect..any info you would care to pass on??TIA
***Tanya***

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Re: planning a trip to Disneyworld

Post by DolphinSoul » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 am

Hey Tanya! Very excited to hear you will be coming during the most wonderful time of the year to Disney!! There is so much to see and do and hopefully we can answer many questions for you here! As far as the resorts.. gotta a couple questions for ya, so I can give you a good area to look upon!

Are you wanting to stay at a Disney resort or just an area one?
Will you being having your own car, renting, or relying on resort transportation to and from the parks??
How many people in your family?
Wanting just a room, or studio with small kitchen, etc?

If you want to PM me anytime with questions throughout the year.. just let me know that way I can try to help the best I can. I used to work at Disney World and now my mom does, so we know it well. As does Tania's husband too, so you've come to the right place to ask!!
~ Carissa ~

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia

Post by gonecamping » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks Carissa,
There will probably be about 12 of us going. We would prefer not to do a rental car, just stay close enough to the Disney world that we can do a shuttle. We want to find a place to stay where we can do some of our own cooking to save a little bit of money. It doesn't need to be a Disney resort. I have been reading the Disney at Christmas is horrible because its so crowded..is that your impression? Thanks for any info you can give.
***Tanya***

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Post by koala1966 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Christmas is one of the most crowded times of year at Disney, but it is also one of the most beautiful and exciting. I love all the different things they do around property to celebrate the season.

I would recommend staying in a Disney resort, especially during that time of year, because you'll get priority when making dinner reservations or if the parks fill to capacity on any of the days (which usually happens on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve). Plus I just happen to love the Disney resorts.

With a party that big, my recommendation would be the Ft Wilderness Cabins (also called the Campgrounds, but the cabins are really neat). Each cabin sleeps 6 (a queen bed, two bunk beds and a pull out full bed), they have both an indoor kitchen and an outdoor grill, a picnic table on the porch plus couches and TV inside. You can request that the cabins be adjacent, if you reserve early you have a good chance of getting that request filled. TheYou can get to the Magic Kindgom by boat and everywhere else on property by bus. There's lots to do at that resort too.

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia

Post by gonecamping » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

koala1966 wrote:Christmas is one of the most crowded times of year at Disney, but it is also one of the most beautiful and exciting. I love all the different things they do around property to celebrate the season.

I would recommend staying in a Disney resort, especially during that time of year, because you'll get priority when making dinner reservations or if the parks fill to capacity on any of the days (which usually happens on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve). Plus I just happen to love the Disney resorts.

With a party that big, my recommendation would be the Ft Wilderness Cabins (also called the Campgrounds, but the cabins are really neat). Each cabin sleeps 6 (a queen bed, two bunk beds and a pull out full bed), they have both an indoor kitchen and an outdoor grill, a picnic table on the porch plus couches and TV inside. You can request that the cabins be adjacent, if you reserve early you have a good chance of getting that request filled. TheYou can get to the Magic Kindgom by boat and everywhere else on property by bus. There's lots to do at that resort too.

What is the weather usually like in Florida during around Christmas time? I think we may be the week before Christmas.

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Post by koala1966 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:25 pm

In a normal year we don't get seriously cold weather (which I define by under 50 degrees, lol) until January. The year we stayed at the cabins in early December it was too cold to swim and we were all wearing hoodies, so it was probably in the 50's or low 60's. I didn't have gloves or my winter jacket so it couldn't have been any colder than that. :bluesmile: This past year, however, we did dip into the 30's and 40's in December (at night). When it gets that cold at night, the high in the day is usually around 60.

Return to “The Magic Kingdom”