Never miss another good movie [Public]

Moderator: koala1966

sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 2269

The Hunger Games

Post by sarahwhithers » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Synopsis:

Set in the future, 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen is living with her mother and little sister in what's left of North America, in one of 12 districts all being run by the Capitol. Despite mastering the skill of hunting and trapping edible plants, Katniss still struggles to keep her family from going hungry.

Each year, the names of all residents between the ages of 12 and 18 are entered into a lottery and two names, one girl and one boy, are chosen at random from each district to compete in the televised Hunger Games. The 24 children must try to kill each other off and the last one standing is rewarded by the Capitol with a feast of food.
When her little sister's name is selected, Katniss steps up to take her place in the deadly competition.
Based on the first novel of Suzanne Collins' bestselling "The Hunger Games" trilogy.

Well I've read the book, so I went in hoping it would be great but expecting it to lack in areas that the book can go through. The movie overall was not too bad, and I am glad I saw it in theatre, just because I love the book so much. But it of course does miss things that I loved from the book. Haymitch isn't seen as much in the movie as he is in the book, the characters worked well for me, and I liked that they did hit most of the major points they would need to from the book. So overall, if you love the book, you will find the movie falls short in places, and it is quite dark, but I enjoyed it. Even my boyfriend is now saying he should get the audio book to know the whole story. So it did peak his interest! haha!

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 129

Re: The Hunger Games

Post by gonecamping » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

DH and I went to see this today. I really liked it. There were some things that were missing out of the book but overall a good movie.
***Tanya***

Return to “The Movie Critic”