Kings

Discuss your fave shows! [Public]

Moderator: ALIASFan

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Kings

Post by koala1966 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:16 pm

It's new, it's different, I like it, and it's on NBC.  Should be cancelled any day now.  :bluewinkb:  It was on Sundays, now it's being moved to Saturdays, never a good sign.  <sigh>

It's supposed to be based on the biblical story of King David but set in the modern day.  I find the whole concept fascinating, and they do not disappoint with the delivery.  In the pilot we are introduced to King Silas and his troubled family, as well as to the unexpected hero, a young soldier named David who saves the King's son.  David is pulled into politics by this act of heroism and everyone already in power can't decide whether to use or fear this young man. 

Anyone else think that the actor playing King Silas reminds you of Al Pacino, and the actor playing David reminds you of Matt Damon? 

MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 382

Re: Kings

Post by MaBuglet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I LOVE Ian McShane.  He was on Deadwood.  I have this TiVod, but haven't gotten to it yet. So far Castle has been my favorite new entry of the season.
CHEERS~~

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1631

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:44 pm

This has been intriguing so far.  My problem is I missed a couple of episodes and need to watch them sequentially, because I have missed some key points.  Definitely think the guy who plays David reminds me of Matt Damon!
Laura

MLee
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 404

Post by MLee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:30 pm

I love Love LOVE this show!!! Every one I know is watching it so you know it will be cancelled. It's too smart and funny and well written to stay on NBC for long!! ;)

Every time I tell someone it's based on the book of Kings in the old testament I'm asked, "can they do that? Isn't there separation of church of state or something?" Seriously. Are people really that dumb? Oh well. :waiting:

I love the acting, LOVE Ian McShane and the guy who plays David is perfection for that part!! I hope they find a spot for it and leave it alone!! Let us finally enjoy something for once!

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Post by koala1966 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 am

Kings is back on the air, on Saturday nights now. I'm very thankful for DVR, once I set a show to record I don't have to keep track of its comings and goings anymore, lol. I found the latest episode on my recorded list. I don't know if they are just trying to air the rest of the already recorded episodes or what, but I'm planning to enjoy this show for as long as they leave it around.

IreneP
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 3

Post by IreneP » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 am

Hubby likes it,but as of yet I have not seen it

Return to “TV Talk”