Hey Anne-Marie

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 254

Hey Anne-Marie

Post by Flasher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am

Were you in the dark Saturday night? :greensmile:
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 820

Re: Hey Anne-Marie

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:46 am

Laura wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am
Were you in the dark Saturday night? :greensmile:

We weren't - we're in Queens so we were okay. It covered a few miles on the West Side in Manhattan but it did encompass DH's building at work - luckily for him it was the weekend. I just emailed him to see if there was any "evidence or gossip" about the blackout. He was at work for the blackout of 2004 and had to walk down 33 flights and then walk home over the bridge and everything back then. However, DS's girlfriend was here for our weekly Dungeons & Dragons game (cuz that's how we roll LOL) and she lives in the Bronx and there is no way to get from Queens to the Bronx on the subway without going up the West Side, so she ended up having to take a Lyft home.  The really funny thing is that this happened on the anniversary of the blackout of 1977 which I remember fondly being only 6 years old and not really inconvenienced by it - it seemed to be just a really big fun block party at the time LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Post by Flasher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:52 am

Well, that's mostly good -- except for her having to pay for the Lyft home.  Glad you didn't have to sweat it out -- or find yourselves stuck in subways or elevators.

When I saw the news story they mentioned "42 years to the day" since the 1977 blackout.  How weird is that?  I say that's waaaaaay to coincidental. 

Oh, and we've been known to play D&D from time to time.  Mostly Dh and I.  We roll that way, too.  :greeninlove:

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:25 am

Laura wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:52 am
Well, that's mostly good -- except for her having to pay for the Lyft home.  Glad you didn't have to sweat it out -- or find yourselves stuck in subways or elevators.

When I saw the news story they mentioned "42 years to the day" since the 1977 blackout.  How weird is that?  I say that's waaaaaay to coincidental. 

Oh, and we've been known to play D&D from time to time.  Mostly Dh and I.  We roll that way, too.  :greeninlove:

She didn't mind - her dad sent the Lyft LOL!!!  

But yeah, how weird was that coincidence? And it was also the day of Manhattanhenge - https://www.amnh.org/research/hayden-pl ... attanhenge - so a lot of people were out for that. The blackout probably made their photos better! 

Ooh, have you done any D&D layouts? I'd love to see. I bought Echo Park's Once Upon a Time Prince collection for D&D pics but haven't actually printed any yet. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 515

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:53 am

So speaking of D&D...  my DH and DS go to a group every 2 weeks. I don't play, but I provide snacks sometimes. Behold...our D&D cake  :-D :-D
ImageImage
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 am

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:53 am
So speaking of D&D...  my DH and DS go to a group every 2 weeks. I don't play, but I provide snacks sometimes. Behold...our D&D cake  :-D :-D
ImageImage

That is awesome!!! That looks like some rough terrain on that cake  ;) The sorcerer with the orb looks like my DH's mini. He's a human sorcerer. I'm a fire genasi articifer :) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:51 am

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:53 am
ImageImage

Shannon - I showed your cake to my DH and now we are thinking we have to make a cake like that for DS's bday next month! He'll be 20 and usually he is the DM for our group but his girlfriend wants to DM a one-shot for his birthday so a D&D bday cake will be perfect! Thanks for the idea!!!  :greeninlove: We'll have to steal some of his "mini bois" as he calls them, for decoration. When I DM'ed I used old Care Bears and Fisher Price Little People. That won't have the same effect, hahaha!!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Post by Flasher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 am

Anne-Marie said "When I DM'ed I used old Care Bears and Fisher Price Little People."

This is the most awesome thing I've read in a while.  One time, I used Weebles. :greenlol: :greenlol: :greenlol: :greenlol:  

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 515

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:55 am

It's truly a problem around our house. There is apparently a site you can design your figures, then have them painted. Oh my!!!  We are accumulating a "few". DH and DS also have custom dice bags. I just bake the cakes!  LOL  I would love to see how your cake comes out. It was fun to make. 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

Return to “General Talk”