So what did you buy during Black Friday?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

So what did you buy during Black Friday?

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Anything you were really excited about?  I bought Christmas presents mostly; most of them small.  I did buy a few things here  :-D and at Michaels

EDITED - I NEVER go to the store for BF shopping mine is all done online and I usually start at Wednesday night at 11 pm.  Ain't no way getting around those pushy people.  I did go to a local craft show/fair but totally different; not crowded with lots of people.
Last edited by sdwhru on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 248

Re: So what did you buy during Black Friday?

Post by traveler » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 pm

I'm not much of a Black Friday shopper, or shopper in general, but someone we know had a baby on Thanksgiving so I went to order her a gift. With all the Black Friday sales, I ended up sending her 4 baby outfits for the same amount of money that would have gotten 1 or 2 and free shipping. I also ordered coffee pods for my Nespresso and got a free mug. 

So, I guess I did good for Black Friday and didn't have to leave mu house. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 982

Post by lissahope26 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:28 pm

I didn't order anything on Black Friday (except for ACOT Secret Sister gift) or even get out to shop.  I did take advantage of ACOT's cyber sale on Monday.  I also ordered some alphas from Bella Blvd because their site was 1/2 off on Monday.
Melissa H.

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 255

Post by Flasher » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm

The only Black Friday shopping I did was at ACOT for a few little things and the Christmas Grab Bag (which I received and LOVE).

There isn't a single retail item anyone could sell to me for even a penny that would entice me to go out and deal with those crowds.  As I get older, my tolerance for those kinds of situations erodes.

Well, ok . . . maybe a car.  I'd go out for a one cent car. 

:greenwinkb:
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2871

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:40 pm

I don't do a whole lot of BF shopping, but I did grab some of the Simple Stories from here and got some things on my Wishlist I had.

PetCo was having 50% off on toys and treats so I stocked up - both for my own furbabies for Christmas but also for a couple of friend's doggies I buy for too.

Carter's was having a great sale too - doorbusters and up to 70% off in Clearance. I got both of my nephews several outfits and a special Christmas shirt for Draven and a Christmas sleeper for Jasper. Plus free shipping and stackable coupons/promo codes, I spent less than $100 on both of them! Now on to toys and books for them! ;)
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 853

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm

I only did Black Friday here on ACOT - I couldn't pass up some of the deals on 6x6 pads and a couple of Echo Park collection packs. But I did do Cyber Monday - Old Navy and Macy's. I got DS three pairs of jeans for the price of 1 and a $65 shirt at Macy's for $15. He really only wants clothes and Dungeons & Dragons stuff LOL. For DD, I got her clothes at both places too. You couldn't pay me to go shopping in person on Black Friday. I don't like shopping at Target at 8am on a random Tuesday let alone Black Friday ROFL!!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1537

Post by shoorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:15 pm

The only Black Friday Shopping I did was here at ACOT! There were several collection packs that I wanted and I figured I would stock up while we are stationary for a while. I had no desire to be out in stores on BF!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm

lissahope26 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:28 pm
I didn't order anything on Black Friday (except for ACOT Secret Sister gift) or even get out to shop.  I did take advantage of ACOT's cyber sale on Monday.  I also ordered some alphas from Bella Blvd because their site was 1/2 off on Monday.

WOW - all those alphas  :greeninlove: :greenlol: :greeninlove:
ImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:29 pm

trainmom wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 pm
I'm not much of a Black Friday shopper, or shopper in general, but someone we know had a baby on Thanksgiving so I went to order her a gift. With all the Black Friday sales, I ended up sending her 4 baby outfits for the same amount of money that would have gotten 1 or 2 and free shipping. I also ordered coffee pods for my Nespresso and got a free mug. 

So, I guess I did good for Black Friday and didn't have to leave mu house. 

My kind of shopping - don't leave the house  :greenwinkb:
ImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Laura wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm
The only Black Friday shopping I did was at ACOT for a few little things and the Christmas Grab Bag (which I received and LOVE).

There isn't a single retail item anyone could sell to me for even a penny that would entice me to go out and deal with those crowds.  As I get older, my tolerance for those kinds of situations erodes.

Well, ok . . . maybe a car.  I'd go out for a one cent car. 

:greenwinkb:
Who wouldn't for a car???  Enjoy your grab bag!!

ImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:31 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:40 pm
I don't do a whole lot of BF shopping, but I did grab some of the Simple Stories from here and got some things on my Wishlist I had.

PetCo was having 50% off on toys and treats so I stocked up - both for my own furbabies for Christmas but also for a couple of friend's doggies I buy for too.

Carter's was having a great sale too - doorbusters and up to 70% off in Clearance. I got both of my nephews several outfits and a special Christmas shirt for Draven and a Christmas sleeper for Jasper. Plus free shipping and stackable coupons/promo codes, I spent less than $100 on both of them! Now on to toys and books for them! ;)
my favorite kind of shoopping - pets and babies    :-D :-D    Shopping for kids toys are so much fun; about as much fun as buying new doggie toys  :-D

ImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:32 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm
I only did Black Friday here on ACOT - I couldn't pass up some of the deals on 6x6 pads and a couple of Echo Park collection packs. But I did do Cyber Monday - Old Navy and Macy's. I got DS three pairs of jeans for the price of 1 and a $65 shirt at Macy's for $15. He really only wants clothes and Dungeons & Dragons stuff LOL. For DD, I got her clothes at both places too. You couldn't pay me to go shopping in person on Black Friday. I don't like shopping at Target at 8am on a random Tuesday let alone Black Friday ROFL!!!

People are crazy on sales - I did some Cyber Monday too - Disney for a hoodie for my Dad  :greenwinkb:   Was regularly over $40 ending up being $16
ImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Post by sdwhru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:33 pm

shoorn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:15 pm
The only Black Friday Shopping I did was here at ACOT! There were several collection packs that I wanted and I figured I would stock up while we are stationary for a while. I had no desire to be out in stores on BF!

Enjoy all the goodies!!
ImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1140

Post by CarrieG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:07 pm

NOTHING....online or otherwise
most of my christmas shopping is done and well not a time of year i can throw money out on scrapping stuff when i have soooooooooooo much stuff to use up anyways...sigh

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm

The only Black Friday shopping that I did aside from online, Amazon.... was buying a mattress for a young man we go to church with that had been sleeping on the floor of his apartment.  Went in the store, bought it and left.  Went back Saturday to pick up and take to him....

I don't like shopping on a normal day, let alone when there are a ton of people all wanting the same thing.... nope.  Between the online purchases for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, my mail carrier, UPS and FedEx are tired of visiting me.
Rebecca

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 708

Post by pawprints » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:12 pm

No brick and mortar shopping for me on Black Friday. I do it all online. I can't take those crowds. I shopped the ACOT BF sale and also Macy's and Kohl's. No leaving the house, no battling the crowds, and it all gets delivered. Easy peasy! lol

Image Image Image Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 550

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm

I bought way too much stuff...let's leave it at that!  LOL 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Tart

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm

HUBBY LET ME PICK OUT WHERE I WANTED TO GO FOR MY XMAS PRESENT & I PICKED ACOT AND GOT 48 ITEMS FROM MY WISH LIST FOR BLACK FRIDAY.... I ALSO WENT TO JOANN'S AND THE LINES WEREN'T TO BAD NOR WERE THE PEOPLE... I GOT SOME STICKERS & PAPER PADS ALL AT 1/2 OFF PLUS I HAD A 25% OFF COUPON FOR THERE I SPENT ONLY $29.00 AND SAVED $35.03 ON MY ORDER... ALL MY XMAS IS DONE & WRAPPED...

VALERIE

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 197

Post by DN in MN » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Not only did I brick and mortar shop... the online was even worse.  My girlfriend and I meet for breakfast and make a day of it :) Then, I come home and make a night of it shopping... I won't even discuss Cyber Monday.  I budget for this time of year so it turns into a free for all!  
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 10/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 230

Post by karensay » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:39 am

I placed an ACOT order online and spent a LOT at Wild Birds Etc, now have buyers remorse and doing returns to WBE.  Well, actually, I had buyers remorse when the guy rang me up and said the total out loud, but i was too embarrassed to say no at the time.....

OH, Wednesday, before BF, I bought DH a 65" TV and Soundbar.  NOW maybe he will build my Entertainment Center to put it in!!!!?????

I AVOID the crowded stores on BF.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “General Talk”