December Daily?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 18

December Daily?

Post by Monroe1218 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 am

Is anyone here planning on doing a December Daily this year?  I have tried in the past, failed miserably - sworn that I wouldn't try again.... BUT - this year I am making it a priority to do! 

I am not buying any of the Ali Edwards December Daily items (keep repeating that to myself....) - I have a stash entirely too large to even think about adding more to it. Plus, I want my December Daily to be "mine" - and  I think if I used her kits, they would be similar to other people.  I have managed to get most of my Christmas stash moved to a cute themed crate type storage thing that I can leave sitting on my desk so it's easier to see/use. 

If anyone is planning on doing one, maybe we can help each other along during the month? 
Rebecca

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 111

Re: December Daily?

Post by DN in MN » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

I have never done nor even looked at what a December Daily consists of but am interested and would also use my own stash :)  
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 39 layouts and 3 cards 

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1275

Post by scrapy1967 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:44 am

I do a December album every year. I do not do it daily in fact I still need to finish last Decembers. I only do the days when we have done something, baking the cookies or crafting. I start mine with the tree and the holiday decorating. I always use my own stash except the album. I do mine in a 6X8 format.
ImageImage 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 917

Post by CarrieG » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:46 am

this will be my 7th year doing one...and I have only once ever bought her kit...there are sooooo many products out there that its almost silly to spent that much...
this year I am changing mine up and using a large binder and pocket pages I found cleaning in my stash (have NO idea why I had them..LOL)  I am not planning on killing myself trying to find something for every day but documenting what does happen.  I just placed a small order of goodies for it...and I will do a lil prep work on it soon im sure
my goal is to stay with the larger format til I run out of pocket pages...I think I can easily get 3 Decembers in one large album..lol  then I will go back to the smaller format.

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 208

Post by karensay » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:53 am

My 2010 December Daily album is still waiting to be finished.   Sigh.............
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 18

Post by Monroe1218 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 am

So - do you make "foundation" pages ahead of time - or just go with the flow and work as you go?  I know that I'm not going to have pictures printed every day, as I don't have a good photo printer at home.  (Recommendations welcome, looking for something specifically for just photos that won't break the bank on paper and ink) 

My plan for now is to take the pictures, write the journaling out on a post it for each day.  I'll do the photo printing on the weekends and catch up for each week.  I think I would like to go ahead and do some of the foundation pages but not put them in order?  There are certain things I know we will do - go to the Nutcracker ballet, make gingerbread houses, decorate the house....
Rebecca

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1259

Post by joannie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:09 am

I have never made a December Daily...but I love watching YouTube videos of people making them. Have you ever checked out Traci Reed's videos? I loved her DD from last year!  I have been collecting new Christmas stuff lately because I'm starting to do my Christmas themed pages in the pocket page (project life) format. I've also bought an organizer from IKEA that is sitting on my desk to hold all my new Christmas supplies. 
Here is a pic

Good Luck with your DD!! I did look at Ali Edwards new kit!!! It's gorgeous!! 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 917

Post by CarrieG » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:12 am

I don't do foundation pages....I tend to make a list of what I KNOW will happen/take place  or things I want to make sure to include and then get prints at the end of the week and work on the pages over the weekend or the next week.  so semi winging...altho I do kinda sort thru my supplies and put them in an order(ish) of where they would fall in the month....if that makes sense

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 613

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:18 am

I have kind of done this in the past.  I have used the Simple Stories smaller albums.

It is my version of DD .  I don’t document every single day, but happenings of the month in general. 
That way it is not so rigid if I don’t take pictures every day.

I think I might have some pages in my albums I will add later.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 425

Post by Linda S. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 pm

CarrieG wrote:this will be my 7th year doing one...and I have only once ever bought her kit...there are sooooo many products out there that its almost silly to spent that much...
this year I am changing mine up and using a large binder and pocket pages I found cleaning in my stash (have NO idea why I had them..LOL)  I am not planning on killing myself trying to find something for every day but documenting what does happen.  I just placed a small order of goodies for it...and I will do a lil prep work on it soon im sure
my goal is to stay with the larger format til I run out of pocket pages...I think I can easily get 3 Decembers in one large album..lol  then I will go back to the smaller format.

Carrie, what a neat idea! I have thought of doing a larger binder also so that I can do one year after another in it. 

Linda S.
Cherry Bing

Post by Linda S. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 pm

joannie wrote:I have never made a December Daily...but I love watching YouTube videos of people making them. Have you ever checked out Traci Reed's videos? I loved her DD from last year!  I have been collecting new Christmas stuff lately because I'm starting to do my Christmas themed pages in the pocket page (project life) format. I've also bought an organizer from IKEA that is sitting on my desk to hold all my new Christmas supplies. 
Here is a pic

What a neat idea. I should get something like  that and put what I want to use for December Daily in it. 

Linda S.
Cherry Bing

Post by Linda S. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 pm

I did do December Daily but last year I don't know what happened, I started and stopped. Yikes!  

It would be awesome if we posted and shared ideas with each other. Maybe something I wanted to put in mine but didn't think about someone else would do and we would like that idea also. 

Okay three ideas from reading this post and I'm already excited. Posting and helping each other out, getting better organized and using a larger binder and getting more than one year in it (But I have to use the binder I bought for last year first). LOL!

love2stamp
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 615

Post by love2stamp » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 pm

I've done 2 of them and plan on doing this year. I just use what's in my stash, usually. This year I did order a few things from Elle's Studio.

I do something for everyday, but it may not have a picture with it. Sometimes it's just some journaling about a past Christmas or a favorite part of the holiday, etc. There are tons of places out there on the web to find prompts to help you with doing different pages.

I use the 6 x 8 albums for it. 

Also I don't do anything a head of time except collect my stash in a pile (I need one of those cool Ikea containers. Image ) I just go with the flow. 
ImageImageImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 333

Post by sdwhru » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:38 pm

joannie wrote:I have never made a December Daily...but I love watching YouTube videos of people making them. Have you ever checked out Traci Reed's videos? I loved her DD from last year!  I have been collecting new Christmas stuff lately because I'm starting to do my Christmas themed pages in the pocket page (project life) format. I've also bought an organizer from IKEA that is sitting on my desk to hold all my new Christmas supplies. 
Here is a pic

Do you remember what the name of your organizer is?  We all like IKEA - lol
ImageImage

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1259

Post by joannie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm

sdwhru wrote:
Here is a pic

Do you remember what the name of your organizer is?  We all like IKEA - lol

HERE it is. It's found in the marketplace.

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 333

Post by sdwhru » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:19 am

Joannie - thank you!!  Gonna have to go check this out!
ImageImage

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 690

Post by suewho372 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Yep! My 7 th year doing one too- just like Carrie!! I kinda go by a plan that works for me taking from many other places and also some of my own traditions . I am up for posting and cheering each other on! I follow my own format- I will say lots of times I work on it more in the days after as I usually have have time off work between Christmas and New Years. I journal and do notes for the days and events I want to add. I use 12x12 album but I incorporate full pages, 8x8 pages- pocket pages. Pretty much whatever I envision! I have a lot of Christmas stuff so I haven’t bought any kits in years! 
I have most of my pages and binder covers in the gallery. 
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 111

Post by DN in MN » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 am

Thank you, Joannie... added one to my shopping list Image The closest IKEA for me is 3 hours away so next time I go to the cities... it's mine!  
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 39 layouts and 3 cards 

1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 131

Post by 1scrapdiva (Robin) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:53 am

I have done 2 December dailies
and might try another I make my own and use  my own paper I like .

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 271

Post by MacSarah » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:04 pm

I love my December Daily's.  I typically don't get them finished until July, but I'm ok with that. I have always done it differently, 3 times, 3 learning curves. I have set up the entire album ahead of time, but then I endedup with cookie decorating themed paper on a day we went carolling.  Year 2, I prepped nothing, just kept notes and started once the holidays were over.  Last year I cut papers down to my 6x12 size, had all my stuff together and loosly set it up day by day. They havr all had their pros and cons...  wany something different this year, but I love my 6x12 format, so I have to do some thinking.
~Sarah~

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”