Scrap a Day, September 13th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2751

Scrap a Day, September 13th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 am

Good morning cherries. No scrapping again for me last night. I was pulled in all kinds of directions yesterday...my brain hurt afterwards. Boo. Today, not sure. I've got a busy morning with work and then I have a dental cleaning at 1pm. Afterwards, I'm going to get groceries since the tropica wave will be knocking on our door tonight and rain until Sunday.

How about you? Anybody got scrappy plans?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 207

Re: Scrap a Day, September 13th

Post by traveler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:59 am

Good morning! We had a nice holiday on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday I was running around all day, but today I am scrapping. 
The light on my scrap desk that was not working last week has come back to life. I hope my speaker will come back to life soon as well, meanwhile I am listening to music on my phone. I feel like my room is haunted the way things stop working and then come back to life . Image I am working on a sports page, I often do them simpler because I use themed collections, but I figured out which challenges it will be for.

I am also going to test-drive a car today. We have 2 year old car that we don't like, so we are going to trade it in and buy a different car of about the same age and purpose. Seems like a weird thing to do, but the car is in perfect condition and we have already been offered a good trade. For whatever reason, my car officially belongs to my husband and his officially belongs to me, so if I like the car today, then he will go do the trade and purchase tomorrow. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 18

Post by Monroe1218 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:17 am

No scrapping yesterday - after work last night I was too tired to do much of anything.  I do have my desk "mostly" cleaned off  - so hopefully, I'll get in there tonight and scrap!  I do need to make it to the grocery store to get some things and also to fill up with gas - I'm sure the gas prices around here will go up when the hurricane makes landfall.  We are expected to get quite a bit of rain and wind once it hits and moves ashore.

Hope all you fabulous cherries have a great day!!Image
Rebecca

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 207

Post by traveler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 am

Here's the quick page I did this morning, not thrilled with the balance, but I'm pleased with the colors and my son will hopefully like it. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:46 am

trainmom wrote:Good morning! We had a nice holiday on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday I was running around all day, but today I am scrapping. 
The light on my scrap desk that was not working last week has come back to life. I hope my speaker will come back to life soon as well, meanwhile I am listening to music on my phone. I feel like my room is haunted the way things stop working and then come back to life . Image I am working on a sports page, I often do them simpler because I use themed collections, but I figured out which challenges it will be for.

I am also going to test-drive a car today. We have 2 year old car that we don't like, so we are going to trade it in and buy a different car of about the same age and purpose. Seems like a weird thing to do, but the car is in perfect condition and we have already been offered a good trade. For whatever reason, my car officially belongs to my husband and his officially belongs to me, so if I like the car today, then he will go do the trade and purchase tomorrow. 

Glad your light came back to life! Woo-hoo!

What kind of vehicle are you going to test-drive? Good luck!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 am

Monroe1218 wrote:No scrapping yesterday - after work last night I was too tired to do much of anything.  I do have my desk "mostly" cleaned off  - so hopefully, I'll get in there tonight and scrap!  I do need to make it to the grocery store to get some things and also to fill up with gas - I'm sure the gas prices around here will go up when the hurricane makes landfall.  We are expected to get quite a bit of rain and wind once it hits and moves ashore.

Hope all you fabulous cherries have a great day!!Image

We will be doing this too! Just in case the tropical wave is a bit stronger and we need to leave quickly
~ Brandy Williams ~

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1061

Post by beachlover » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 am

Louise, love your LO!!! And now I am hungry for pizza Image

No scrapping again today.  DH had to get up at 1230AM to be to work at 2am...  So I was sound asleep by 7 last night.
 And after he left, I dozed, kept looking at the clock.  So tired.  The night before we had gotten a call at 1am from my mom because my father fell trying to get from his
wheelchair to bed.  DH had to go down and pick him up.  I am just grateful we are 2 doors away.  Basically why we bought this house.

Work is crazy, I am not in a people mood today.  Trying to get pictures ready to send to Walgreens so I can pick them up after work but it keeps freeezing on me.
Guess I will try one more tie then just take what I have to my crop Saturday.

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 am

trainmom wrote:Here's the quick page I did this morning, not thrilled with the balance, but I'm pleased with the colors and my son will hopefully like it. 

I LOVE the colors! REally cool design
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:50 am

beachlover wrote:Louise, love your LO!!! And now I am hungry for pizza Image

No scrapping again today.  DH had to get up at 1230AM to be to work at 2am...  So I was sound asleep by 7 last night.
 And after he left, I dozed, kept looking at the clock.  So tired.  The night before we had gotten a call at 1am from my mom because my father fell trying to get from his
wheelchair to bed.  DH had to go down and pick him up.  I am just grateful we are 2 doors away.  Basically why we bought this house.

Work is crazy, I am not in a people mood today.  Trying to get pictures ready to send to Walgreens so I can pick them up after work but it keeps freeezing on me.

Have a great day all!

I'm so sorry your dad fell Ann. How is he doing today?
~ Brandy Williams ~

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 675

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:16 pm

I don't think any scrapping for me today. I am still hoping to get into a "back to school" routine. School started the 5th. They were off the 10th and 11th. Went back yesterday. Home today for a trip to the ER with DD. Both kids got their ears pierced 2 weeks ago. Last night I cleaned her ears and twisted the earrings before bed. It was fine. THis morning I go to do it again before school and the back of the earring is there, but where is the ball? INSIDE HER EARLOBE. I about died. Spent all morning in the ER and the pediatric nurse was very rude and kept telling me "she knew what she was doing" and that "it looked like the ball fell out". Oh really? Then why can't we get the backing off? She was going to discharge us. I insisted on an X-ray. And yes, the ball was inside her earlobe. A surgical resident had to come and get it out - she was wonderful - was very skilled in getting earrings out of earlobes AND in discussing Harry Styles and One Direction ROFLMAO!! Always trust  your intuition!!! She's fine now - got it out, got some pizza and we ate and watched more One Direction videos lol. But anyway...yeah so probably no scrapping today. Maybe some cleaning the area or putting supplies together but my brain hurts lol. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 675

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Have a great day all!
I hope your dad is alright! Our landlord is a family - the parents are an 80something couple that lives right downstairs from us. The 2 sons are both in their 50s and live elsewhere. We are always on call if we hear a loud bang from downstairs or if one of them comes knocking for help getting one or the other of them up when they fall. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 613

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

This week has been way too busy for my liking.  I have been at work Sun, Tues, Wed and today.  Basically too much when I really haven’t worked all summer!!  I have been fitting in a few minutes here and there, to work on cards.  I hope it will be a quiet weekend for me at home. Cause I need to fit in some grocery shopping and doing our laundry.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 642

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:51 pm

I was out most of the day. First a mani/pedi and then off to the supermarket. Why is is that even when my list is short I end up filling the cart up over the top! Lol. Got home and put everything away, cleaned chicken for tonight's dinner, froze burgers, cleaned up the kitchen, and now get to sit for a bit before I have to cook. I want to scrap, but unless I start something digital it is not going to happen.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:57 pm

OMG Anne-Marie! That is crazy! Your poor DD! I'm so glad you insisted on xrays! Hugs to you all
~ Brandy Williams ~

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:I don't think any scrapping for me today. I am still hoping to get into a "back to school" routine. School started the 5th. They were off the 10th and 11th. Went back yesterday. Home today for a trip to the ER with DD. Both kids got their ears pierced 2 weeks ago. Last night I cleaned her ears and twisted the earrings before bed. It was fine. THis morning I go to do it again before school and the back of the earring is there, but where is the ball? INSIDE HER EARLOBE. I about died. Spent all morning in the ER and the pediatric nurse was very rude and kept telling me "she knew what she was doing" and that "it looked like the ball fell out". Oh really? Then why can't we get the backing off? She was going to discharge us. I insisted on an X-ray. And yes, the ball was inside her earlobe. A surgical resident had to come and get it out - she was wonderful - was very skilled in getting earrings out of earlobes AND in discussing Harry Styles and One Direction ROFLMAO!! Always trust  your intuition!!! She's fine now - got it out, got some pizza and we ate and watched more One Direction videos lol. But anyway...yeah so probably no scrapping today. Maybe some cleaning the area or putting supplies together but my brain hurts lol. 

Omgoodness it is right to always trust your instincts!! I'm so glad she is ok now!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Have a great day all!
Hope your dad is ok Ann! ((Hugs))

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm

trainmom wrote:Here's the quick page I did this morning, not thrilled with the balance, but I'm pleased with the colors and my son will hopefully like it. 
I LOVE the bright colors with the gray!! It's so striking!! And those big sneaker prints are awesome!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”