Scrap a Day, September 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 am

Good morning cherries! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Yesterday,  I binge watched a show  and did 5 layouts (6 pages total; 1 was a two pager) and 5 Christmas cards. I got started on another layout, but never finished it. Ran out of steam (and wine!). So I showered and that's when DH came home. DH was at the office at all day yesterday. 8am to 9pm. Today will be another day like yesterday for DH. They have ANOTHER quote/project for a new client to work on. I'm excited for him! All this work and NEW clients!

Me, I slept in til after 8am. Fed the pups, Penny went back to sleep. Living room is dusted/vacummed. Doggie blankets in the dryer. Been working too. The sun is finally out. We haven't seen it all week. Its awesome! Got almost 10 inches of rain in less than 3 days from that crazy tropical wave. Not including the 8 inches we got last weekend! And what was Hurricane Issac (near the Caribbean) has now slowed down, and is slowly downgraded to a tropical depression. Woo-hoo! I hope it completely dissipates!

So who will be scrapping today? Me - probably. If DH has another long day, I might be able to finish the layout I started last night. Its for Shannon's punch challenge. I punched a bunch of stuff out, and then started arranging them on the page.

How about you?
 
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Posts: 23971
Layouts: 1067
Location: NJ

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by beachlover » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Happy Monday Brandy!

It is going to be another crazy week here!  Work and home.  Co-worker came back from vacay.  Well, her body is taking up space.  I was trying to get firearms applications typed up that I never got to last week.  Chief asked me to do payroll.  Which is also invoicing for all the traffic work.  Saving that part for tomorrow or Wednesday.  Also had to set up more traffic for the week as well as other court related things.  During all this time, she managed to be on beak, in the bathroom or just talking to people.  Ok, done with that!

DH reminded me that he has check up tonight at DR - follow up from blood work after getting 2 tic bites this summer.  Yes, I forgot.  The 'calendar' upstairs is stuck in August Image  And September is half over already!!
Anyway, I tossed ribs in the crock pot for tonight.  Poor Harley is home alone, stuck in the crate and smelling that!  I have my sister-in-law coming over tomorrow night to bring her Pampered Chef order and visiting while my niece is at dance.  Then Wednesday, more company.  But no running after work for me.  So, I plan to get in the scrap room at least an hour each night.  Weekend will be ungodly crazy!  Racing Friday night, Saturday night, Wine Festival Sunday and stopping home to grab the trailer and Harley to race again!  And DH said work is planning more cement work tomorrow weather permitting.  Which will be another 1230AM getting up to go...  But I am thinking it will get put off a day because we are supposed to get from 1-3 inches of rain, just not sure what time it will start.  

I do have to wash his work clothes today  since he still does not have uniforms and is rotating 3 pair of pants.  UGH, hate constantly washing but he will help if I ask him.

Have a great day all!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

beachlover wrote:Happy Monday Brandy!

It is going to be another crazy week here!  Work and home.  Co-worker came back from vacay.  Well, her body is taking up space.  I was trying to get firearms applications typed up that I never got to last week.  Chief asked me to do payroll.  Which is also invoicing for all the traffic work.  Saving that part for tomorrow or Wednesday.  Also had to set up more traffic for the week as well as other court related things.  During all this time, she managed to be on beak, in the bathroom or just talking to people.  Ok, done with that!

DH reminded me that he has check up tonight at DR - follow up from blood work after getting 2 tic bites this summer.  Yes, I forgot.  The 'calendar' upstairs is stuck in August Image  And September is half over already!!
Anyway, I tossed ribs in the crock pot for tonight.  Poor Harley is home alone, stuck in the crate and smelling that!  I have my sister-in-law coming over tomorrow night to bring her Pampered Chef order and visiting while my niece is at dance.  Then Wednesday, more company.  But no running after work for me.  So, I plan to get in the scrap room at least an hour each night.  Weekend will be ungodly crazy!  Racing Friday night, Saturday night, Wine Festival Sunday and stopping home to grab the trailer and Harley to race again!  And DH said work is planning more cement work tomorrow weather permitting.  Which will be another 1230AM getting up to go...  But I am thinking it will get put off a day because we are supposed to get from 1-3 inches of rain, just not sure what time it will start.  

I do have to wash his work clothes today  since he still does not have uniforms and is rotating 3 pair of pants.  UGH, hate constantly washing but he will help if I ask him.

Have a great day all!!
 
Oh goodness Ann! What a crazy day! breathe and have some wineImageImage
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by traveler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:38 pm

I finished up a DT project this morning. Other than that, probably no scrapping for me today. Going to watch my son in a cross-country meet this afternoon and tonight is freshman parent orientation at the high school. I'm looking forward to learning more about the school since my older one goes to a different high school.
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Delight
Posts: 31144
Layouts: 646
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by pawprints » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Wow Brandy you really rocked the scrapping yesterday! WTG!

Ann I think I got out of breath hearing all you have going on! Hope you can get some relaxation in!

I have laundry going and am hoping to get some scrapping in today. I can't believe it is mid September already. And the humidity is still sticking around too! Not very September-like at all!
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 pm

trainmom wrote:I finished up a DT project this morning. Other than that, probably no scrapping for me today. Going to watch my son in a cross-country meet this afternoon and tonight is freshman parent orientation at the high school. I'm looking forward to learning more about the school since my older one goes to a different high school.
 
Glad you got your DT project completed! Good luck to you son
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 pm

pawprints wrote:Wow Brandy you really rocked the scrapping yesterday! WTG!

Ann I think I got out of breath hearing all you have going on! Hope you can get some relaxation in!

I have laundry going and am hoping to get some scrapping in today. I can't believe it is mid September already. And the humidity is still sticking around too! Not very September-like at all!
 
Our humidity is NASTY. Sun is out. Rain stopped. But now the humidity..blah
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18086
Layouts: 1320
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by mgehrke » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Hey Cherries - I just finished work, and we have a severe weather watch right now. It started to rain, is really black out and it is supper windy. I don't like storms as it is, but I get even more scared when I'm home alone. DH is still hunting and won't be home til tomorrow evening sometime. So I'm taking my friends advise and staying in the basement. Why not, that's where my scrappy room is. So I'm going to work on something to keep my mind off the weather. We have had a great 2 weeks so I knew it won't last much longer. However, we really do need the rain.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 54, 32 and 26) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn and Sawyer.

Image

Image

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:27 pm

mgehrke wrote:Hey Cherries - I just finished work, and we have a severe weather watch right now. It started to rain, is really black out and it is supper windy. I don't like storms as it is, but I get even more scared when I'm home alone. DH is still hunting and won't be home til tomorrow evening sometime. So I'm taking my friends advise and staying in the basement. Why not, that's where my scrappy room is. So I'm going to work on something to keep my mind off the weather. We have had a great 2 weeks so I knew it won't last much longer. However, we really do need the rain.
 
Sorry about the storms!  Be safe!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18086
Layouts: 1320
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by mgehrke » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Here's a page for the What's On TV Challenge. This is Orahn and his daddy with their new Irish Hats!!! I can't believe this is a year ago already.
Image
 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 54, 32 and 26) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn and Sawyer.

Image

Image

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62080
Layouts: 2761
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:43 pm

mgehrke wrote:Here's a page for the What's On TV Challenge. This is Orahn and his daddy with their new Irish Hats!!! I can't believe this is a year ago already.
Image

 
OMGoodness how cute is this? Love it
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18086
Layouts: 1320
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by mgehrke » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:47 pm

And we can't forget Orahn and his mommy. I did this one also for the What's On TV Challenge.

Image
 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 54, 32 and 26) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn and Sawyer.

Image

Image

User avatar
JillinIN
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3966
Layouts: 315
Location: Indiana

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by JillinIN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:08 pm

You've been busy!
Your post made me want a glass of wine. lol
I don't know if I'll attempt to scrapbook tonight. I didn't get anywhere last night. I'm stuck trying to find the perfect paper for some photos that I absolutely love... so the paper has to be just right. Image
I've got mountains of paper to search through, but that's pretty fun too.
Jill
 ImageImage

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”