Scrapping partner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 404

Scrapping partner

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 pm

This is Wilma - she was my scrapping buddy for a few hours yesterday...

She has been under the weather for a few days and was resting on our porch outside my scrapping area.  Late yesterday afternoon one of our young turkeys decided to have a go at the poor thing and started pecking it quite viciously to the point where Wilma was curled up against the brick wall and I thought she was dying.  As I opened the door to chase off the turkey Wilma got up and trotted inside to escape the turkey.  It immediately sat down and appeared to be in a bit of a shock but no obvious signs of injury, thankfully.  I didn't have the heart to kick it outside so I set her up in a corner near my scrap desk with a little food and water until she got back on her feet.  Just around the chickens' bed time her friends came around the front door so we rejoined the chicken with her flock.  She is still under the weather (was resting on the door step again this morning) but at least the turkey is leaving her alone (for now...I really don't like that bully of a bird!!!)

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 702

Re: Scrapping partner

Post by pawprints » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:54 pm

The poor thing! It was so sweet of you to keep her inside with you and protect her! I hope the turkey leaves her alone!

Image Image Image Image

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 394

Post by LoreenC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:59 pm

How Sweet ! Roosters are the meanest to me and geese !! But I like hens! I hope you scrap this, Wilma is cute! !!
ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1107

Post by CarrieG » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

awwww poor Wilma....

one of our hens is picking on our lil banty hen....I thought I was going to have to drop kick it yesterday....sigh

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 404

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:17 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm
awwww poor Wilma....

one of our hens is picking on our lil banty hen....I thought I was going to have to drop kick it yesterday....sigh

Carrie - where in Texas do you live?  Yes, Bantams are notorious for being the brunt of bullies.  They are such cuties, though!  With our flock of guinea hens, turkeys, and chickens someone always seems to be getting picked on.  Now I know what the terms "pecking order" and "hen picked" really mean  :greeninlove:

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1107

Post by CarrieG » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:13 pm

ScrappyDistractions wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:17 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm
awwww poor Wilma....

Carrie - where in Texas do you live?  Yes, Bantams are notorious for being the brunt of bullies.  They are such cuties, though!  With our flock of guinea hens, turkeys, and chickens someone always seems to be getting picked on.  Now I know what the terms "pecking order" and "hen picked" really mean  :greeninlove:

i am up 2 hours E of Amarillo, 2 hours NE of Lubbock...middle of no wheres land....Childress...

we just have 4 hens, the banty and a rooster--who is the poorest excuse for a rooster..LOL  cant even crow right....he hollars....."cock a dooooooooooooo"  LOL

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 511

Post by Shutterbug » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Oh bless her little heart and wings. Glad you were able to take her in. Darn Turkey!

This would make an adorable layout and include the story of you scrapbooking buddy.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 354

Post by JillinIN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Poor Wilma! I'm glad she was able to come in and get away from the bully.
What a cute scrapping buddy!
Jill
 ImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 820

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 am

Aww, the poor thing!! Glad she seems to be okay now!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Awwww.....hope she keeps feeling better
ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2855

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Oh poor baby! I'm so sorry that happened to her. I'm glad to hear she's starting to feel better. Hugs to both of ya'll
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”