Cardstock

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 527

Cardstock

Post by 1scrappymom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm

So over the last few days, I have tried to organize my cardstock and the insane level of cardstock scraps I have. Holy Moly what a job!!  But I think I managed to get it to a level of organization that will work. I put most of the cardstock and scraps by my cutter and the neutrals closer to where I actually scrap. Here's how it turned out...
ImageImageImage
I did figure out that I had a TON of black and white scraps and little pieces. Gotta be honest...had a hard time deciding how small was "too small". I may start purging some of the smaller scraps...but we'll see. I'm a bit of a paper hoarder!  LOL

So what have you organized recently? What do you still NEED to organize? It's always a work in progress, isn't it?
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1122

Re: Cardstock

Post by CarrieG » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 pm

if I ever finish these wedding pages.............I will have to organize the leftovers............things I would use for other stuff ....what is exclusively wedding etc

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3075

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:12 am

Looks GREAT! I keep all my cardstock paper scraps too by color in individual file folders. When it gets too bulky I just throw out a few of the smaller scraps.

Probably the last thing I organized was making sticker binders from my leftover sticker sheets. (Like Janet Madison on You Tube) I've also made diecut and chipboard binders from my leftovers like she advised. I'm really able to use more of those by flipping through the binders.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rapbooking
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 527

Post by 1scrappymom » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 am

Deanna13 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:12 am
Looks GREAT! I keep all my cardstock paper scraps too by color in individual file folders. When it gets too bulky I just throw out a few of the smaller scraps.

Probably the last thing I organized was making sticker binders from my leftover sticker sheets. (Like Janet Madison on You Tube) I've also made diecut and chipboard binders from my leftovers like she advised. I'm really able to use more of those by flipping through the binders.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rapbooking

That's such a great idea! I've seen people with the binders. Love RTS!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 822

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:55 am

Sometimes I want to play , but the creative juices are not there.  I will use my scraps and cut out card bases or tags or flowers or critters for cards.  Helps me keep them under control.  I don’t like to throw out those little bits, either!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1303

Post by Charleneanne » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am

I have been trying to organize my stamps. Took me almost half hour to find my sympathy stamps this weekend. So gathered all acrylic sets and put in two drawers- One Christmas and other everything else. Then put all word stamps in sectioned box by category. Not sure what or how to do the rest. Apparently I like stamps and have MANY. I did find a little trove of small acrylic stamps that are a bit cutesy, so I bundled them up and sent to grand daughter. Almost 5 and I started her on card making while I was there visiting recently. A couple months back I donated all my foam stamp sets to local high school special needs class and that helped I’m sure but not enough.

I don’t use much card stock so that is all together sorted by color in one drawer. I should b so neat now with my stamps!
ImageCharleneanne

Jenni328
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 3

Post by Jenni328 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:32 pm

I have come to the conclusion that I am an over organizer. So I have started to simplify the process by starting with my paper. My solid cardstock is in one basket and printed in another. My scraps are in a three tier cart that i can remove drawers to sort out what I need. Those drawers are broken done to one drawer almost full sheets of either printed or solid, one drawer solid scraps, the other printed scraps.

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1504

Post by shoorn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:27 pm

All this talk of organizing and watching a few videos makes me want to do some organizing! A lot of my stash is organized since I am in such a small space and I have to clean up every time after a day of scrapping. Some things stay out in my open 3 tiered roll cart - which gets very messy (as it is now) and in my crop roll cart. I watched the video about organizing paper scraps and the thought process involved. I need to go through my scraps and do some purging and re-organizing - really keen to do it! Hope to carve out some time in the next several days for that. 

My stamps are in several places and I tend to "lose" some of them and spend the rest of the day looking for them. I hate wasting time like that. That will be my next project to organize.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 822

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:31 pm

And I have to add, I don't want to move things around because then I can't find a darn thing!!!!!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Mine are by color in the paper holders you have by the ROYGBIV system.  I keep my scraps with them too so when I want a certain color I just go there instead of having to look different places
ImageImage

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1306

Post by scrapy1967 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:57 am

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am
I have been trying to organize my stamps. Took me almost half hour to find my sympathy stamps this weekend. So gathered all acrylic sets and put in two drawers- One Christmas and other everything else. Then put all word stamps in sectioned box by category. Not sure what or how to do the rest. Apparently I like stamps and have MANY. I did find a little trove of small acrylic stamps that are a bit cutesy, so I bundled them up and sent to grand daughter. Almost 5 and I started her on card making while I was there visiting recently. A couple months back I donated all my foam stamp sets to local high school special needs class and that helped I’m sure but not enough.

I don’t use much card stock so that is all together sorted by color in one drawer. I should b so neat now with my stamps!
My stamps are next on my list. I did my dies recently and that was a two day job but I am now using them so much more. My stamps are all willy nilly except my travel stamps and since I use those most often I have them separated already. I need my Christmas in a separate spot too as I use those a lot.  

ImageImage 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”